Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Heart to Heart Newsletter, First Issue




First Issue/April 2014                                                                   Donna Madden, Ladies' Director


WELCOME
to our First Edition of “Heart to Heart” - a newsletter for the ladies of The Church Triumphant. This is part of the vision of our new Ladies Ministries Director, Donna Madden. I am excited about the possibilities of this newsletter as I believe it will bring all of us closer together. We hope that you will be encouraged and inspired with each edition. After all, you can never have enough Heart to Heart. Kimberly Sciscoe, Pastor's wife













L.U.V. Conference was a fabulous time of spiritual renewal and fellowship.


We were so thankful these ladies were able to attend this year.
(Not pictured: Sis. Glass & Bettie Norval)

Plan now to attend next year's conference
March 5 & 6, 2015!

Rachel McDonald, Valerie Chapman, Dianne Del Sol, Crystal DeHoyos, Jamie Moreland, Donna Moreland
Diane DeHoyos, Donna Madden, Cheryl Piver, Anabell Lopez, Gloria Hernandez


Upcoming Events:
Ladies' Spring Banquet Confetti
May 10, Saturday @ 11:00, The Church Triumphant Fellowship Hall
Catered by Robinettes, Tickets: $23.




A Table in the Wilderness”: July19
A ministry to Women's Shelters serving them with a high end resale shop and amenities that we set up in our Fellowship Hall. Begin now to bring an array of clothing and accessories for this event. If at all possible, send your items to a dollar cleaners or bring cleaned, pressed and on hangers. All items in good condition. We will begin May 4 (first Sunday of the month) to collect items in the Youth Center building. Someone will be there to receive your items before and after the service.


Mini Ladies' Conference: date to be set
Ministering to the needs and interest of every season of our lives.
Location: The Church Triumphant


Flea Market Flip
For those ladies who are interested, we are scheduling a trip to Winnie, Texas again. This time, we are on a mission. We will have a list of options to shop for, reinvent or breathe new life into something old and compete at an auction at TCT. Cross Culture will host another dinner after service this year on Sunday, November 16 and our ladies will auction their “flipped” items. A fun fundraiser for our ladies and Cross Culture! For more details, see Donna Madden, 281-222-3423 or email: donna_r_madden@yahoo.com


Featured Heartstrings Member
Mathilda Alphonse
Here's the facts:
  • She and her husband live in Baytown, Texas
  • Born & raised in St. Lucia in the Windward Islands
  • Received the Holy Ghost and baptized in Jesus'
    name at age 19, the same night her husband,
    Lincoln received the Holy Ghost and was baptized.
  • She has 5 children and 3 grandchildren.
  • Favorite pastime: cooking for her family.
  • Favorite color: orange
  • She followed her children to the States and has lived here for 12 years.
  • She is a nutritionist by trade and now works in the dietary office at a hospital.

Sausage Breakfast Casserole 
by Cathy Glass

1 package (26-32 ounces) frozen, shredded hash browns
1 package Jimmy Dean’s original sausage crumbles
2 cups shredded mozzarella
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese

½ cup dried tomatoes
6 green onions, chopped
12 eggs
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Layer ½ potatoes on bottom. Top with half of sausage, mozzarella,
Parmesan, tomatoes and onion. Repeat. Beat eggs, milk, salt & pepper in bowl until blended. Pour over potato-sausage mixture. Cook on low for 8 hours; on high for 4 hours or until eggs are set.

Substitutions:
1 cup fresh tomatoes instead of dried.
1 Jimmy Dean sausage roll.


Note from our director:
Ladies, I am humbled to be called the Ladies Leader of the Church Triumphant. There are so many qualified ladies and so much talent in this group! I appreciate you.

I want our group to be a strong force of love and unity. There is nothing any more powerful than love. If we keep our ultimate purpose in everything we do to be bound in love, I know we will always please the one we love the most and His blessings will be on all we do.

Awhile back a name for our ladies had been discussed, chosen, but never really used. I asked Sis. Sciscoe and our Ladies Steering Committee to allow me to choose a name I felt strongly about.
This graphic depicts my vision of our group united together in love and unity. It's my desire that we all unite and make our group a blessing to His kingdom and a powerful tool in the hands of our Master, Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your allegiance to my leadership. A leader is not a leader without followers. I want to lead you as I feel God is helping me to find His heartbeat for this group of ladies He loves and believes in.

YOU'RE a blessing!!
Donna Madden

Funny Church 
Newsletter B l o o p e r :

For those of you who have children and don't know it,
we have a nursery down stairs.
______________________________________________________________________


God’s 3 Answers to Your Prayers 
by Kimberly Sciscoe

I am constantly awestruck that the Creator of the Universe, the God that has always been, would allow me to talk to Him. Even more surprising is that He would talk to me. Wow.
I must admit, I like it when He talks right back to me and gives me just the answer my little heart desires. But more times than not, His answers are not immediate and they often are different than what I expected. Experience has taught me that God has 3 answers to my prayers.

1. YES
Oh, this is my favorite, of course, and brings me relief and joy. I’m so glad that He agrees with me and I feel His affirmation of my petition. “Yes” makes me believe I’m in alignment with His perfect will. “And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His will, He heareth us.” 1 John 5:14.

2. NO
When I hear “no” from the Master, I have to decide what to do. The enemy tries to get me to be upset and interpret God’s answer as rejection. This shuts down my ability to get insight into why His answer was no. If I will tune out the voice of the accuser, and get quiet, God will give me the wisdom behind His decision. God knows best because He sees all. We must trust that God is always for us, even when He says “no”. If God tells you “no,” it’s because He has a bigger “yes” down the road.

3. WAIT
Have you ever wished you could put your prayer in the microwave on fast cook? In this “gotta have it now” world, waiting is a grueling discipline. When it comes to prayer, we have to trust the season of readiness. Some prayers, if answered too early, would not bring us the results we desire. The will of God and the timing of God are not the same thing. Some things take more time and maturity before they can come to pass. When God gives you a “wait” trust Him with the details. As that old song says, “He may not come when you want Him, but He’ll be there right on time: He’s an on time God, yes He is.”

So, ladies, let’s embrace every answered “yes” prayer, submit to all the answered “no” prayers and trust God when He says, “Wait, I’ve got something better in mind.”  




special thanks to:
Anabel Lopez for contacting Cathy Glass for our featured menu.
Loreatha Myers for the interview with Mathilda Alphonse
Mathilda, for sharing your story
Cathy Glass for sharing your wonderful recipe
&
Kimberly Sciscoe for her contribution of our featured article.
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment